A show about web development featuring the people that make it happen.
- debugger community
- Rey bango, (others) helped get me into Mozilla
- Google and StackOverflow. When the docs just aren’t good enough
- Twitter: When I’m ragey and I need to tell people on the Internet they’re wrong
- Meetups, wafflejs
- Nicolas Zackas, ESLint
- AST Explorer, the nerdiest!
Main Topic: Firefox Debugger
- Jason: “The term debugging is terrible”
- “We want to understand our creations”
- What tools can we use? Firefox DevTools, Chrome DevTools, TrackJS
- What is the hardest bug you’ve ever had to debug?
- Todd: building a debugging tool to solve old android issues
- Logan: debugging async flow of data.
- Jason: debugging the debugger with webreplay to rewind your debugging
Coming soon to Firefox DevTools Debugger
- Log points
- Better breakable location information (“specificity”)
- Column breakpoints
- Event listener breakpoints
- XHR Breakpoints
A discussion of practical software testing for web applications.
We also discuss news of website hacking due to the US Government Shutdown and release of Firefox Flexbox debugger
Join David Walsh and Todd Gardner as we chat with Jennifer Wadella about React, Gatsby, and stories about being a Pro-Gamer.
Join David Walsh and Todd Gardner as we chat with Eric Brandes from TrackJS. He'll share some curmudgeonly stories about software and adding value to projects.
Join David Walsh and Todd Gardner as we chat about the latest in tech news, including the GitHub outage, Google employee walkout, IBM buying RedHat, and the Bitcoin 10 year anniversary.
On this episode, David Walsh and Todd Gardner chat with Erik Onarheim and Kamran Ayub from the ExcaliburJS project, a framework for building cross-platform 2D web games.
Join David Walsh and Todd Gardner as we chat with Lemon about building silly online games for humor and art, and what he learns about the web doing that. Also, the FPlus.
Join David Walsh and Todd Gardner as we chat with Chris Van Wiemeersch about Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality!
Join David Walsh and Todd Gardner as we chat with Chris Coyier about getting started with Blogging, CodePen, and Podcasting
Find Charlie on Twitter @vazac and blog site https://vaz.ac